Long term Training course In Theatre of the oppressed
30may-8june 2016 (Norway, Balestrand) – first training
2-11 September 2016 (Romania, Busteni) – second training
Call for Participants
Important -We invite all the interested people to read thoroughly the information included in this call. If you are not sure if this is the right training for you please contact us before you apply so we can clarify any question.
Background of the project
Theatre of the Oppressed is a collective rehearsal for reality. The main idea of this methodology is to make people experience and understand how a change of an attitude, behaviour or thinking pattern can have a powerful significant effect on their life as well as lives of people around them.
Forum and Image Theatre methods are highly adaptable to the needs of different communities, with a large capacity to cover all kind of the social issues: human rights problems, power abuse and oppression in different ways, lack of activism, discrimination, exclusion, poverty, marginalization, xenophobia, etc. and through a creative approach provides a space for people to reflect, find solutions to these topics and transfer the solutions in their lives.
Theatre of the Oppressed even if is a very efficient methodology for handling social problems is not enough known and applied. This project is an answer to the needs of various youth organizations that need new methods for improving the situation of their target groups.
The main goal of the project is to increase the capacity of youth work sector to raise the participation and involvement of young people in social processes and change;
More specific Objectives of the project are:
· To introduce innovative methodologies in youth work field;
· To raise the capacity of partner organizations to operate at European level and in international mobility projects;
· To stimulate the exchange of best practices in youth work field;
· To increase the quality of the youth organization projects;
· To develop and improve skills in non-formal education in general, and in particular in Theatre of the Oppressed methods for youth workers from Europe;
· To develop a network of Forum Theatre multipliers in various regions of Europe;
· o improve project management, communication, team leading and motivations skills for youth workers
· To develop pro-active attitudes and the sense of initiative among the partners NGO members and also among the beneficiaries of the partners (young people).
· To increase the level of active participation among the direct and indirect beneficiaries
· To contribute to the development of employable skills among direct and indirect beneficiaries.
· To introduce Erasmus + programme, as a great provider of educational opportunities.
The structure of the project is like this:
- Selection and preparation participants (April-May)
- First residential training course for developing basic competencies in theatre of the oppressed methodology (image and forum theatre) (Norway/Balestrand, 30may-7june 2016)
- Practice phase 1 in each community ((each team will have to prepare and implement a forum theatre performance on a topic relevant for the local community for least 20 young people) with a support manual and coaching from the trainers team;
- Mid-term evaluation (online)
- Second residential training course for advance competencies in theatre of the oppressed methodology (Romania/Busteni, 2-11 September 2016)
- Second practice phase (each team will have to prepare and implement an upgraded version of the forum theatre performances or a new one for at least 20 people)
- Evaluation (short and long term - online)
- Follow-up in each community and international
*selected participants have to take part in both training course and practice phases!
Target group and criteria
- Youth workers (no age limit but preferably over 18) that have responsibility in running projects/initiatives (paid or voluntary) in their organizations
- Should have some basic relevant experience that entitles them to multiply easily a new method;
- Interest in social theatre/ theatre of the oppressed or theatre as a tool for social change (it doesn’t mean previous experience – please read the notes below);
- All participants should have an English level of at least medium level (to be able to participate in discussion and in training activities);
- Motivation and availability for the entire project duration (2 training courses and local practice phase as mention before)
- The participants should be resident of one of following countries:
Bulgaria, Latvia, Estonia, Germany, Spain, Poland, Romania, Norway, Germany, Hungary, Portugal, Denmark
- applications from people residents in other countries then the one mentioned before (regardless if they are nationals of the countries mentioned before will not be accepted) ;
- This training program is designed for youth workers which are NEW to the field of using theatre as a tool for social change! People with previous experience in theatre of the oppressed field are welcomed BUT they need to be aware that this training is not for advanced people and also that the way methodology is used by our experts might be different then the way they use it. If you are experienced and you are not sure if this program suits you, write to us!
This project is funded by Erasmus + (KA1) of European Commission. According to its financial rules some costs are fully covered some not, like following.
- 100% costs of board and logging will be fully covered (for both trainings);
- Travel and visa costs will be fully covered (from the country of residence – which has to be on the list mentioned before-no exceptions allowed) up to certain limits (based on the distance) band and the equivalent in financial support – more details will be included in the info pack) upon the receipt of all original tickets and invoices.
The transport and visa cost will be reimbursed either at the end of each training course either through bank transfer after the trainings, after receiving the documents in original (depending on the documentation provided on the spot and the accounting rules of each country)
There is a returnable participation fee for making sure all the quality conditions for an impactful long term project are meet which is 50 euro. The participation fee will be paid during the first training course and returned to the participants in the second training course!
If you are interested in taking part in this training course, please fill in the application form and return it completely to the e-mail address you find bellow until 7th of May 2016!
For more information please send us an email to but make sure you have read all the information presented in the call before addressing a question: email@example.com
- Asociația A.R.T. Fusion își mărește echipa!
- A.R.T. Fusion se pregătește de training.
- Training for Nature- despre curs
Strada Marin Serghiescu, nr. 14, apt. 6.
blocul de vizavi de pub-ul Zeppelin