“Be Aware of Your Rights!”
Long Term Training course on Human Rights education
30September-9October (second training)
Montenegro , Ulcinj
Call for Participants for second training
!Important -We invite all the interested people to read thoroughly the information included in this call. If you are not sure if this is the right training for you please contact us in advance to clarify any question!
Background of the project
The high and serious worrying level of discrimination and Human Rights violation around Europe, in schools, in neighbourhoods, in the working place, etc., discrimination by state or by peers or authorities are very often considered as normality among many young people (especially from disadvantageous background) which are either victims or neutral and indifferent.
There is an emergency to invest and develop competencies in Human Rights Education, especially among youth workers who are dealing with the most sensitive and who have in the same time the biggest capacity of change among the global population: Young people!
UN adopted in the last years the Human Rights Education declaration (www.hrea.org/index.php?doc_id=1808),a landmark document recognising the right of every one of the planet's seven billion people to have access to Human Rights Education, a lifelong process involving all ages, all parts of society.
Main aim of this project is to develop competencies among youth workers to prepare, deliver and evaluate Human Rights Education Activities for young people (in order to have more acknowledged, skilled and pro-active youth towards various Human Rights problematic situations in their communities and in Europe in general).
For more specific objectives we envision that
Ø the youth organizations will increase their impact in the community by reaching new target groups with more professionalism;
Ø the youth organization will mainstream human rights education in their projects
Ø the youth organization will have a human rights based approach in their projects and the way they tackle social issues and vulnerable groups in their communities;
Ø youth workers and young people will increase their knowledge and awareness level in topics such as: Human Rights (values, principles, study cases), Human Rights Education (methods, activities, results),social exclusion, intercultural dialogue, tolerance;
Ø young people and youth workers will develop pro-active attitudes towards Human Rights ;
Ø youth workers will develop their practical skills and competencies in Non Formal Education, specifically in Human Rights Education;
Ø youth workers will act as Human Rights Education multipliers in the benefit of young people affected by Human Rights violations in their communities ;
The structure of the project is like this:
- Selection and preparation participants (February-March)
- First residential training course for developing basic competencies in human rights education (Montenegro , Ulcinj)– 1-10 April 2016)
- Practice phase 1 in each community (each team will have to prepare and implement human right education workshops for at least 60 young people) with a support manuals from Council of Europe and coaching from the trainers; (April-September)
- Mid-term evaluation (online)
- Second residential training course for advance competencies in human rights education area (Montenegro , Ulcinj)– 30.09-9.10. 2016)
- Second practice phase (each team will have to prepare and implement one more human right education workshop for at least 30 people)
- Evaluation (short and long term - online)
- Follow-up in each community and international
!!!!THIS IS A CALL FOR SECOND TRAINING AND PHASE OF THE PROJECT REPLACING SOME OF THE PLACES LEFT EMPTY
Target group and criteria
- Youth workers (no age limit but preferably over 18) that have responsibility in running projects/initiatives (paid or voluntary) in their organizations;
- Experienced in human right and human rights education field (preferably that have delivered this year human right education workshops using COMPAS or other manuals)
- All participants should have an English level of at least medium level (to be able to participate in discussion and in training activities);
- The participants should be resident of one of following countries:
Italy, Romania, Montenegro, Poland, Turkey
(*applications from people residents in other countries then the one mentioned before (regardless if they are nationals of the countries mentioned before will not be accepted) ;
This project is funded by Erasmus + (KA2) of European Commission. According to its financial rules some costs are fully covered some not, like following:
- 100% costs of board and logging will be fully covered (for both trainings);
- Travel and visa costs will be fully covered (from the country of residence – which has to be on the list mentioned before-no exceptions allowed) up to certain limits (based on the distance band and the equivalent in financial support-see below) upon the receipt of all original tickets and invoices.
Travel cost limits for the training:
Italy- 275 euro
Romania- 275 euro
Poland- 275 euro
Turkey- 275 euro
The transport and visa cost will be reimbursed either at the end of the training course either through bank transfer after the training, after receiving the documents in original (depending on the documentation provided on the spot and the accounting rules of Montenegro)
If you are interested in taking part in this training course, please fill in the application form and return it completely to the e-mail address as soon as possible (as the place will be assessed on going bases )
For more information please send us an email to but make sure you have read all the information presented in the call before addressing a question.
Andreea-Loredana Tudorache at email@example.com
- “LOOK CLOSER. NOT EVERYTHING IS AS IT SEEMS”
- Training for Nature – Behind the scenes
- "In the footsteps of a migrant"
- Differences Challenge Assumptions project