Call for Participants
LONG TERM TRAINING COURSE ON GLOBAL EDUCATION
4-13 DECEMBER 2015 (BATTLE , UK) – FIRST TRAINING AND
11-20 MARCH 2016 (BUSTENI, ROMANIA) – SECOND TRAINING
Important -We invite all the interested people to read thoroughly the information included in this call. If you are not sure if this is the right training for you please contact us before you apply so we can clarify any question.
Background of the project
Profoundly aware of some facts like:
- About 27 million people worldwide are modern time slaves, working in the production or supply chain for many products that we use/consume on a daily basis: clothes, coffee, chocolate, toys, electronics, etc.;
- We have produced more plastic in the last 10 years (from 2003) than we did in the whole of the last century. Almost half of the plastic we use is in fact used just once and is then thrown away. There is no “away”-each year millions of sea animals are killed as a result of eating or being strangled in plastic;
- 2014 was the hottest year on record and nine of the ten warmest years in recorded history have occurred since the year 2000. This has had an extensive negative effect on the quality of life on Earth, weather patterns, wildlife, sea and glaciers levels and some of these consequences are irreversible;
- Climate change effects (including here also extreme weather events) and other environmental problems caused by humans are killing more people around the world, more than diseases or wars cumulated;
- August 13th was Earth Overshoot Day for 2015, marking the date when humanity has exhausted nature’s budget for the year- after that we as humanity functioned with the credit we took from the future. Every year this day comes earlier than in the previous year!
A global citizen is a person who has a global perspective and mind-set, understands the global implication of their actions, takes the responsibility attached to them and is constantly making changes in their lives in order to accommodate their impact on the world in a positive manner.
Global education is one of the approaches which have proved to be very efficient in contributing to a raise in the number of global citizens. It is the education which develops global citizenship competencies (knowledge, skills and attitudes). It makes use of participative methodology and experiential learning principles in order to impact its participants on all 3 dimensions. It happens in schools or outside of schools and any person of any age or background can take part.
More specific objectives are:
- To increase the knowledge level of young people in topics like: global interdependencies (from environmental, cultural, economic and political approach), SDGs and post2015 agenda, social and global justice, ICL and global issues, climate change, consumerism and sustainable lifestyle; sustainable development
- To stimulate the internalization of global values (as solidarity, global consciences, responsibility, etc.)
- To increase the level of sustainable life styles of young people, youth workers and youth organization;
- To develop competencies for putting in practice “think global , act local” principle;
- To develop practical competencies as global educators to the youth workers involved (to prepare, deliver, monitor and evaluate global education activities);
- To stimulate the participants to act as global education multipliers in their own organization and regions;
- To trigger positive organizational changes in youth organizations (to have a more green and sustainable organization, to implement more sustainable and ethical projects and activities, to tackle more global issues in their projects);
The structure of the project is like this:
- Selection and preparation participants (October-November)
- First residential training course for developing basic competencies in global citizenship and global education (UK, Battle – 4-13 December 2015)
- Practice phase 1 in each community (each team will have to prepare and implement global education activities for at least 50 young people) with a support manual and coaching from the trainers team;
- Mid-term evaluation (online)
- Second residential training course for advance competencies in global education (Romania, Busteni, 11-20 March 2016)
- Second practice phase (each team will have to prepare and implement one more global education activity for at least 20 people)
- Evaluation (short and long term - online)
- Follow-up in each community and international
Target group and criteria
- Youth workers (no age limit but preferably over 18) that have responsibility in running projects/initiatives (paid or voluntary) in their organizations
- Should have some basic relevant experience that entitles them to multiply easily new competencies;
- Motivation in issues as global development, global issues and global education;
- Motivation and availability for the entire project duration (2 training courses and local practice phase as mention before)
- All participants should have an English level of at least medium level (to be able to participate in discussion and in training activities);
- The participants should be resident of one of following countries:
UK, Bulgaria, Romania, Norway, Hungary, Latvia, Italy
(applications from people residents in other countries then the one mentioned before (regardless if they are nationals of the countries mentioned before will not be accepted) ;
This project is funded by Erasmus + (KA1) of European Commission. According to its financial rules some costs are fully covered some not, like following.
- 100% costs of board and logging will be fully covered (for both trainings);
- Travel and visa costs will be fully covered (from the country of residence – which has to be on the list mentioned before-no exceptions allowed) up to certain limits (based on the distance band and the equivalent in financial support – more details will be included in the info pack) upon the receipt of all original tickets and invoices.
The transport and visa cost will be reimbursed either at the end of each training course either through bank transfer after the trainings, after receiving the documents in original (depending on the documentation provided on the spot and the accounting rules of each country)
There is a returnable participation fee for making sure all the quality conditions for an impactful long term project are meet which is 50 euro. The participation fee will be paid during the first training course and returned to the participants in the second training course!
If you are interested in taking part in this training course, please fill in the application form and return it completely to the e-mail address you find bellow until 30th of October 2015!
For more information please send us an email to but make sure you have read all the information presented in the call before addressing a question:
Andreea-Loredana Tudorache at email@example.com
And here is the application form :)