Background of the project
The MDGs (Millennium Development Goals) were ambitiously set to be met by 2015 in order to reduce poverty in the world and to increase the quality of life around the globe. MDG together with other international global frameworks incorporate issues of: education, women rights, poverty, health, environment, children rights, global partnership and reflect strongly the global interdependencies that are in the world and how the globalization process leads to social injustice towards actions are required. Global education is one pillars of the long term changes desired in our society and is part of the priorities of global actors.
The main goal of the project is to develop practical competencies in global education among young Europeans and youth workers.
More specific objectives are:
· To increase the knowledge level of young people in topics like: global interdependencies (from cultural, economical and political approach), MDG-s, post 2015 framework, social and global justice, climate change, consumerism and sustainable lifestyle, etc.
· To develop practical skills in various global education methods and in non-formal education in general;
· To create pro-active attitudes towards global issues;
· To encourage participation and involvement of young people in social processes;
· To develop sense of common responsibility for the future of their local communities from a global perspective; (to think global and act local)
· To stimulate the participants to act as global education multipliers in their own organization and regions;
The approach of the training will be focused on developing specific global education and multiplying competencies and it will make use of the richness of experiential learning and non-formal education in general (it will have a strong practical approach)
During the training course the participants will go through a non-formal educational process that will include topics such as: global interdependencies (from cultural, economical and political approach), MDG-s and other international frameworks, post 2015 agenda and discussion, social and global justice, climate change, consumerism and sustainable lifestyle, educational and methodological tools, “take action”.
The training will have a high level of practical approach, based on experiential learning and it will aim at empowering the participants of using these methods in their own realities.
At the moment on facebook there is a growing global education platform (informal- not affiliated to any organization) which will serve as content support for all the participants and partners (before the training) and a platform for online multiplication afterwards for the beneficiaries.
Target group and criteria
- Youth workers (no age limit but preferably over 18) that are interested in the global topics (having some previous experience is welcomed, but not necessary) and need more knowledge, deeper understanding and new skills/competencies for dealing with these issues in their work, life and communities.
- All participants should have an English level of at least medium level (to be able to participate in discussion and in training activities)
- They should have the support of their sending organization and a platform where they could implement after the training course global education activities which are expected from their participation.
- The participants should be resident of one of following countries:
Romania, Norway, Greece, Italy, Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia
· important note: applications from people residents in other countries (regardless if they are nationals of the countries mentioned before will not be accepted)
This project is funded by the Erasmus + programe. According to its rules, 100% costs of board and logging will be covered by the organizers.
In addition, the organizers are going to reimburse travel costs which is in the budget of the travel calculator of the European commission (from the country of residence – which has to be on the list mentioned before), upon the receipt of all original tickets and invoices and 100% of their visa cost if needed for entering Norway.
The budget are up to this amount per person:
Romania, Greece, Italy and Macedonia: 360 Euro
Poland and Slovakia: 275 Euro
Portugal: 530 Euro
The transport cost will be reimbursed through bank transfer after the training, after receiving the documents in original.
If you are interested in taking part in this training course, please fill in the application form and return it completely to the e-mail address you find bellow until 20th of march 2017!
For more information please send an email to:
Andreea Loredana (team member)