Call for Participants
!Important -We invite all the interested people to read thoroughly the information included in this call. If you are not sure if this is the right training for you please contact us in advance so we can clarify any question!
Background of the project
Reaching groups of young people that are excluded, isolated, discriminated, building a tolerant and healthy divers community is always a hard, challenging and difficult task. Streets have a huge potential in terms of informing, making awareness, including and building a community therefore specific methods designed for street work are highly recommended in this field and specially in times when they are not so widely applied.
The main goal of the project is to raise the capacity of youth workers to contribute to a cohesive society though alternative youth friendly methods (street methods and techniques that could reach more and more young people);
More specific objectives are:
• To increase the knowledge level of young people and youth workers in topics like: active participation, discrimination, corruption, global interdependencies, social and global justice, social exclusion
• To create pro-active attitudes towards social exclusion and global issues;
• To encourage participation and involvement of young people in social processes;
• To develop sense of common responsibility for the future of their local communities from a global and social perspective;
• To develop practical skills in street animation and campaigning methods (street theatre, clowning, joggling, flash mobs, animation, etc.);
• To stimulate the participants to act as “change animators” in their own organization and regions;
• To introduce Erasmus+, as a great provider of inclusion and learning opportunities.
During the training course, participants will go to an in-depth process of exploring global and social topics and how to apply “think global, act local” motto in their own lives and organizations by acquiring new alternative methods for making awareness/information/inclusion. The participants will develop practical working competencies in working with the street campaigning methodology and they will be capable to transfer this learning in their communities.
The training structure
1) Research and deeper understanding–of various social issues relevant for the participants (social exclusion, active participation, discrimination, various global issues etc. – based on the needs of the group and the local context;
2) Methods – various techniques of street work and campaigning (developing practical skills in juggling, clowning, image theatre, street theatre, human library, games, etc.)
3) Developing, Planning, Implementing and Evaluating a Street Campaign- the group will go through all the important steps of creating a street campaign, which they will actually do in the training and implemented on the streets of the training location.
This project is funded by Erasmus + (KA1) of European Commission. According to its financial rules some costs are fully covered some not, like following.
- 100% costs of board and logging will be fully covered;
- Travel and visa costs will be fully covered (from the country of residence – which has to be on the list mentioned before-no exceptions allowed) up to certain limits (see below) upon the receipt of all original tickets and invoices.
The transport costs will be reimbursed either at the end of the training course either through bank transfers after the training, after receiving the documents in original!
- There is a participation fee for making sure all the quality conditions for an impactful training are meet which is 30 euro. The participation fee can be negotiated case by case if some participants are paying more than the limit for travel mentioned before or experience a hard financial situation. The participation fee is paid during the training course.
If you are interested in taking part in this training course, please fill in the application form and return it completely to the e-mail address you find bellow until 16th of October 2015!
For more information please send us an email to but make sure you have read all the information presented in the call before addressing a question:
Andreea-Loredana Tudorache at email@example.com
Here you can have the application form :)